12inch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12inch Clan Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Server Culture

Go down 
+2
ITimmaayy^
Battletweety
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Battletweety
12inch
Battletweety

Server Culture Empty
PostSubject: Server Culture   Server Culture EmptyTue May 21, 2013 12:35 pm

HI All,

thought I may as well contribute to the forums in a more meaningful way. I remember when BC2 was in its prime, Sydney 24/7 became the server of choice for a lot of us hard core fans because it had good admins, played fair, had good ping and above all you could always rely on it to be full of gamers. Sadly this isn't the case anymore due to the decline in BC2 popularity but I must say tonight we didn't do ourselves any favours with some of the trash talk that was going on. There is trash talk you get in every game, but then there is just nasty talk which crosses the line. I won't go into specifics nor name anyone as I think it was across the board, but I think if we want to retain what few players we have left we might want to focus more on creating a place that's fun, and played in the spirit of the game and even just a tad more encouraging to new people. Tonight we didn't have that and unfortunately it degenerated into a slanging match, threats of banning and all the usual trash, people left etc... I honestly don't know what rules the server has for people behaviour, hopefully common sense should prevail, but if we want to make Sydney 24/7 popular again, we have some attitude changes to make. Just my .02 cents worth, I'll still be turning up.

BT
Back to top Go down
ITimmaayy^
12inch
ITimmaayy^

Server Culture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Culture   Server Culture EmptyTue May 21, 2013 1:20 pm

Okay yeah I see what you mean Tweety....... Yeah I have to say my performance tonight was a disgrace to the server.... Later I apologized to Terminater and he accepted. However I am not sure whether the other contender apologised but I'm sure he will.
Back to top Go down
Arch Rivale
12inch
Arch Rivale

Server Culture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Culture   Server Culture EmptyTue May 21, 2013 1:33 pm

I agree with your point... i have refrained from alot of my old raging days... I have removed ban rights from my account so i cant really do much considering im an admin anymore... most of the rage is dealt with through skype Smile
Back to top Go down
https://12inch.forumotion.com
DarkMerv
12inch
DarkMerv

Server Culture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Culture   Server Culture EmptyTue May 21, 2013 5:08 pm

yea i agree, this server unfortunately has a bad reputation for "threatened bans", much of which im against. im actually gonna start pushing for new blood in the roles of admins. One thing i dont want to see happen is the server turning into a haven for noobs and shit who dont play the objective, nothing more frustrating then pulling a team of snipers, sure enough be a sniper just dont camp miles from the action. Server regulars always have pushed and at times played some really good close fighting tight games. One thing we have had issues with is looking for mature sensible admins.
We had a great team around november/december last year but heaps disappeared over the holiday break and found new homes on other servers (mainly sikcarnt). Also another point i tend to do when admining is keep a eye on whos playing with mates and who isnt, in that process ill swap good solo players to balance the teams, creating a fun balanced game. I do find myself at times being the mediator between players on a certain issue.

Tweety can you have a look at the server rules and check i out, i would personally like your constructive criticism on them.

Also if anyone feels like they have been badly treated by any of the players or admins on the server give me a pm on the forums or message me on steam (DarkMerv), im always up for a chat.

Although ill make the point im in a very busy period at work and in my gaming life and i do struggle to get on when people are on the server, i have noticed the same with some of the other admins, so please feel free to apply to be a admin, were looking for mature experienced dedicated players to moderate the server
Back to top Go down
Battletweety
12inch
Battletweety

Server Culture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Culture   Server Culture EmptyTue May 21, 2013 10:13 pm

I had a look at the server rules post and have copied it here :
The Current Server Rules:
Ping Over 300 = Kick
- Repeat offenders = Round Ban

Hacking = Ban

Spawn Camping (RUSH MEANS RUSH SO MOVE UP) - Force kill
- Repeat offenders = Kick

No Tanks or Heli Raping till 8v8

Trolling = Kick/Ban

Respect Admins

Admins Decision is Final, if you want to appeal a ban you can request it on the forums.

I'd say you need to put a summary into the game window when you first log into the game server. Perhaps something like this:

We're a friendly BC2 gaming community and encourage fun for everyone. Follow the rules and be nice.
Pings over 300 will be kicked
Hackers will be banned
No Spawn camping
No tanks or heli raping until 8v8
see forums for full rules list

Does that all fit? Maybe needs some modification. I can't remember how much room you have. At least that way everyone who joins knows the essentials. Then in your forum you can go into more detail. I like this spiel from games on net if we want to have a bit more detail, but feel free to pull it apart and make comments if its over the top. (I'm somewhat of a legal nut and you guys don't want to get into gaming lawsuits..)

Be Nice

By communicating with other players and server administrators you agree to do so in a manner that is not offensive, obscene, aggressive, intimidating, defamatory or discriminatory on the grounds of religion, race, colour, descent or national or ethnic origin, gender or sexual preference in any form.

Other things can also be considered bad behaviour and, at the discretion of the Game Admins and Moderators, can also attract a permanent ban from the server admins. Some examples, but by no means a complete list, include:
•Racism
•Excessive swearing or verbal abuse
•Threatening or harassing other players
•Impersonating Admins, Internode staff, or anyone else you shouldn’t
•Using names that others may find offensive
•Failing to comply with an Admins directive
•Spamming our forums with posts or threads
•Unsanctioned advertising (check with forum Admins before posting)
•Posting links to websites that attempt to hijack, or that may have detrimental effects to other forum user’s computers

Penalties and Appeals

If you break our rules, you will be penalised.

In the majority of cases server Admins will attempt to warn you that your actions are unacceptable. However, 12 inch may kick players or in the case of serious breaches, issue instant bans without warning.

I’ve been banned, now what?

It is recommended that you submit a ban appeal. This can be completed here.

Is there anything I can do to ensure my appeal is handled promptly?

Absolutely, yes! Please be polite and informative to our Administration team. We are always willing to help and would love to see you back on our game servers. By submitting an appeal that is considerate to all parties we will be able to process this more efficiently to ensure you receive a prompt response.

Reductions to ban lengths may be considered in exceptional circumstances.

If you decide to submit an appeal that consists of abuse or is offensive towards our administrators or staff, you will not receive a reply. The ban will stay in place and will not be removed until the ban duration has expired. This may be escalated automatically to a permanent ban or ban of increased length, without warning.

“It wasn’t me”

Regardless of who was using your account at the time it was banned, the use and security of your account is your responsibility.

Outstanding bans will stay in place until expired. This will not be removed if an appeal has been submitted.

Please submit a ban appeal. If successful, an administrator will reply welcoming you back.

Social vs Competitive Match play

Online gaming can be a fun social activity as well as a challenging and competitive sport. Sydney 24/7 encourages competition amongst players but please remember that our servers are open to the public. Behaviour such as team stacking, ‘farming’, ‘owning’, or clan-directed domination of social/non-clan players is considered bad form.

Sydney 24/7 also aims to accommodate the needs of competitive players. If you are interested in arranging competitive matches between clans or a specific group of friends, feel free to start a discussion in our Clan Chat forum.

So hope that all makes sense, feel free to comment and pull it apart. Most people who play are pretty good and we all like to make comments to stir opponents up but sometimes a few can get carried away and that usually just needs a comment or two from other players and sometimes from the admins to stop it before it goes too far.

cheers

BT
Back to top Go down
Arch Rivale
12inch
Arch Rivale

Server Culture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Culture   Server Culture EmptyWed May 22, 2013 1:14 am

i think we should make battletweety admin... and merv... both aren't raging fucks and could turn the server around
Back to top Go down
Dugggie
12inch
Dugggie

Server Culture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Culture   Server Culture EmptyWed May 22, 2013 6:33 am

I agree with tooley
Back to top Go down
ITimmaayy^
12inch
ITimmaayy^

Server Culture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Culture   Server Culture EmptyWed May 22, 2013 9:56 am

Me too.
Back to top Go down
ragewhale
12inch
ragewhale

Server Culture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Culture   Server Culture EmptyWed May 22, 2013 11:00 am

i agree.
good points tweety.

id say jessesnipe is the culprit for most if not all raging in this game.
Back to top Go down
DarkMerv
12inch
DarkMerv

Server Culture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Culture   Server Culture EmptyWed May 22, 2013 11:31 am

jessesnipe is a troll
Back to top Go down
ITimmaayy^
12inch
ITimmaayy^

Server Culture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Culture   Server Culture EmptyWed May 22, 2013 2:47 pm

That F***wit trolls on younger ranks and says they rage quit when he's no better.He rages every time he goes on and completely denies it. Heis a big culprit for raging and causing outrage on the server.
Back to top Go down
DarkMerv
12inch
DarkMerv

Server Culture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Culture   Server Culture EmptyWed May 22, 2013 3:32 pm

Look this has been a debate for a long time, yes jesse snipe trolls all the time, but some players actually get along with him, he has had on off bans etc, he learns his lesson but after a bit continues. Hes the classic school yard bully, if you give him something to bully about he will do it, same apply with trolling, if you give him something to troll about he will troll, best thing to do in such a situation is to stop replying to his trolls, he feeds of your feedback.
Back to top Go down
Battletweety
12inch
Battletweety

Server Culture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Culture   Server Culture EmptyWed May 22, 2013 11:30 pm

I agree with Darkmerv, don't respond to trolls. Let your guns do the talking Smile Watch as they get madder and madder as you continue to own them, all the time remaining completely silent. It works everytime.

BT
Back to top Go down
Arch Rivale
12inch
Arch Rivale

Server Culture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Culture   Server Culture EmptyThu May 23, 2013 1:18 am

The other thing i notice regarding ppl ragequitting is the constant rape we dish out... we should even our teams and go up against eachother more often... i dont mind collecting more of your tags so bring it on!!!

But then... you'd have some fag with a neostead camping waiting for someone to knife his team mates Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Server Culture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Culture   Server Culture Empty

Back to top Go down

Server Culture
Page 1 of 1